Thursday, May 11, 2017



                                 The Coming of Lily

            Lily was a stray feral kitten of about three months who was walking in the dark woods outside my cabin late one night when a neighbor's wandering cat tried to attack her. Lily ran away unhurt up onto my deck just as I stepped outside to see what the cat noise was about and she jumped up in my arms. I immediately brought her over to Grace's cabin, and she answered the door with the greatest surprised look and doubletake I've ever seen. She had been without a cat for a while after having three wonderful kitties for many years. Someone had predicted to Grace that her next kitty would be a black and white female.  Grace could hardly believe her eyes, and her joy was unlimited. Now, nine years later…

No comments:

Post a Comment

                                                                   Mother and daughter